Anti Epilepsy Drugs: (AEDs)
- Potassium & Sodium Bromide.
- Home Treatment with Diazepam for Cluster Seizures in Dogs: -W.B.Thomas DVM. MS, Dipl. ACVIM (Neurology)
- The Other AEDs - Maureen Setter, Sandie Snider & Dr WB Thomas DVM
- New anticonvulsant drugs show promise in dogs, cats: Article by Johnny D. Hoskins, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM
Where to buy AEDs:
- Compounding Pharmacies
- AAA Brochure (PDF form use legal size paper and "shrink to fit paper")
- AAA Prescription Card This is NOT insurance just a way to reduce medication costs.
Problems Associated with Antiepileptic Drugs
- New non invasive urine bile acids test Finally a painless and more accurate way of checking your dogs/cats bile acids
- Phenobarbital Induced Liver Disease: W.B.Thomas DVM. MS, Dipl. ACVIM (Neurology)
- Antiepileptic Drugs and the Liver: Clare Rusbridge BVMS.DipECVN. MRCVS
- Blood Work: Kathi Dvorak
- Pancreatitis associated with Potassium Bromide/Phenobarbital Therapy: article from the Canadian Veterinary Journal (PDF)
Page last update: 03/05/2017